Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrators is the associate level role of Microsoft 365. Modern Desktop Administrators play a critical role in an enterprise environment because in that environment they deploy, configure, secure, manage, and monitor devices and client applications. This blog answers the following questions:
To meet the business needs of a modern organization, Modern Desktop Administrators collaborate with the M365 Enterprise Administrator. Modern Desktop Administrators must design and implement a device strategy according to an organization’s needs. Certification of Modern Desktop Administrators endorses your compatibility in Managing Modern Desktops.
Why should you go for the role of Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrators?
Your role as a Modern Desktop Administrator will be very crucial. Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrators have valuable skills to manage identity, access, policies, updates, and apps. They are proficient in deploying windows and managing devices and data. You should also become a Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator because it is a prerequisite for the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator. Besides a certification at an associate level, you have to become a Modern Desktop Administrator for a career at the expert level of Microsoft 365. If you want to earn the certification of Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator, visit JustCerts to find more about its required exams.
Role of Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator in Windows 10:
- Installing Windows 10.
- Configuring Windows 10.
- Protecting Windows 10.
- Maintaining Windows 10.
- Modern Desktop Administrator performs an in-place upgrading by using tools like MDT, WDS, ADK.
- Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator also performs post-installation configuration.
- Configuring Edge and Internet Explorer, and Customizing the Windows desktop are also the responsibilities of Modern Desktop Administrator.
Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Manages devices and data:
- Modern Desktop Administrator configures Windows Defender Firewall, user account control (UAC), and implements encryption for managing Windows security.
- As a Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator, you will play a meaningful role in managing local users, local groups, and devices.
- It’s the task of a Modern Desktop Administrator to configure devices by using local policies. Besides this, the Modern Desktop Administrator also configures data access and protection.
Configuration of Connectivity:
- Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator plays a vital role in the configuration of Wi-Fi profiles, VPN client, mobile networking, and client IP settings.
- Besides this, the Modern Desktop Administrator configures remote connectivity and remote management.
Role of Modern Desktop Administrator in Operating Systems:
- By using Windows Autopilot, and dynamic deployment the Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator plans and implements Windows 10.
- The role of Modern Desktop Administrator demands the management of device authentication, and updates.
Managing User Profiles:
- Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator implements Folder Redirection and configures Enterprise State Roaming in Azure AD.
- If you become the Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator, then you will achieve the goal of managing profiles and policies by implementing conditional access and compliance policies for devices.
The task of Modern Desktop Administrator in Managing apps and data:
- Being a Modern Desktop Administrator you configure and implement assigned access or public devices for deploying and updating applications.
- Implementing Mobile Application Management (MAM) is also the task of Modern Desktop Administrator.
Modern Desktop Administrator protects Modern Desktop and Services:
- Specific users who are using Azure AD with Active Directory DS are managed by the Modern Desktop Administrator.
- Modern Desktop Administrator makes sure the protection of Modern desktop and services by implementing Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection.
- Besides the above-mentioned tasks, the Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator configures conditional access rules based on compliance policies and explore various tools used to secure devices and data.
Exams which are required to become a Microsoft 365Modern Desktop Administrator
Exam MD-100 measures skills:
- Deploy Windows (15-20%)
- Manage devices and data (35-40%)
- Configure connectivity (15-20%)
- Maintain Windows (25-30%)
Exam MD-101 measures skills:
- Deploy and update operating systems (15-20%)
- Manage policies and profiles (35-40%)
- Manage and protect devices (15-20%)
- Manage apps and data (25-30%)
Becoming a Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator requires only two exams. There is no prerequisite required, but for your exceptional performance as a Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator, you must have a grasp of Microsoft 365 Fundamentals. It provides the base for your role as Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator. If you have cleared your concepts of Microsoft 365 Fundamentals, your role as Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator will become more straightforward.
Why Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator collaborates with an Enterprise Administrator Expert?
Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator is a prerequisite for Microsoft 365 Certified Enterprise Administrator Expert. While carrying out your tasks as a Modern Desktop Administrator you will collaborate with Enterprise Administrator Expert so you must be familiar with these workloads. The core objective of this collaboration is to meet the business needs of a modern organization. As a Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator, you will do so by designing and implementing a device strategy.
Preparation of both exams MD-100 and MD-101
Exam MD-100 and MD-101 preparation material: Microsoft Courses:
For a better preparation you must prepare upgraded exam questions. Besides preparing the upgraded questions, you must take practice exam that can enhance your preparation. Practice exam gives you a complete idea about your weaknesses in the preparation. JustCerts provides upgraded practice exams and questions of both exams MD-100 and MD-101. Questions and practice exam will enable you to pass this exam in the first attempt. JustCerts has upgraded study material for the preparation of both exams and by taking a sample test you will come to know about the status of your preparation. You can avail the JustCerts sample test option as it guides you in the preparation of the exam.
It is the most credible and updated source for you to start preparing the exams MD-100 and MD-101. Microsoft Learning would find detailed paths of Messaging Administrator Associate. You will find detail of required skills of both exams.
This learning facility is available on the website of Microsoft that deals with the exam objectives. Besides this, you can ask instructor questions in person by attending a live class remotely as well. In Microsoft Courses you will be able to prepare the exams in following ways.
- The facility of learning in a classroom is available.
- You will be able to utilize the official training content of Microsoft.
If you take part in discussion forums, experienced professionals answer questions about the preparation of both exams. People from around the globe participate in these groups, and if you take part in these groups you will interact with experienced professional. Your confusions about both exams, certification will be cleared. It is very cost-effective method for the preparation of both exams.